> The Beesley Buzz: My picture: His words

My picture: His words

Mich over at Mummy from the Heart has just started a new blog hop called My Picture: His Words. I knew I wanted to join in with this as I have been desperately trying to take tiny little steps to re-build my faith. Over the past year, I have found my faith hanging by a thread and finding myself asking the questions that my non-Christian friends used to ask me.

Despite two sets of counselling to tackle Post-natal depression, both led to the issue being a loss of faith being part of the underlying cause.

So just in the past few weeks, I have been trying to take little steps and this is one of them by joining in this blog hop. The idea is to post a photo and match it up to a bible verse or something that God is telling you through that photo. (I hope I've got that right?)

So Sunday morning, I woke up and I was expectant. I trusted God to provide the opportunity for a photo and to speak to me through it.

It wasn't long before...

In an attempt to ward off any colds this week, I have been squeezing juice from oranges to have for breakfast. And I just felt that God highlighted how we can choose to go for freshly squeezed juice from Him, or we can settle for the alternatives. For either the shop bought not-from-concentrate juice that is pretty similar to freshly squeezed juice but still not quite the same, or even the concentrated long-life type cartons which actually taste nothing like freshly squeezed orange juice.

I realise I'm not very good at explaining what I mean with this sort of thing, but I think the bible verse that came to mind was "What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?" (Deuteronomy 4:7)

I felt the relevance to be not just about praying but also for teaching. Even if you go to a really great church with great teaching, it is still not quite the same and going straight to God yourself or reading the bible yourself.

And God wants to give us that fresh juice every day directly from Him. Not by relying on others faith or teaching or praying but by going straight to God ourselves. For the past year or so my faith has consisted of long-life carton juice that has been sitting at the back of the shelf, nothing like the real thing, but I know God wants more than that for me. He wants me to have the very best freshly squeezed juice daily and that can only come direct from the source - from Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...